Ford Fund Grants: How to Apply
At this time the Ford Motor Company Fund is not accepting open grant applications.
Ford Fund Overview
Ford Motor Company Fund is a not-for-profit corporation organized in 1949. Made possible by Ford Motor Company profits, Ford Motor Company Fund supports initiatives and institutions that enhance and improve opportunities for those who live in the communities where Ford Motor Company operates.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not support organizations that unlawfully discriminate in their provision of goods and services based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical challenge, age, or status as a protected veteran.
What Ford Fund Supports
Ford Motor Company Fund supports programming and initiatives that address meeting basic needs, providing access to essential services, opening pathways to educational opportunities that prepare people for high-quality jobs and using the power of mobility to enhance access.
We seek to build partnerships with organizations that have a well-defined sense of purpose, a demonstrated commitment to maximizing available resources, and a reputation for meeting objectives and delivering quality programs and services. We place priority on the support and development of organizations that promote diversity and inclusion.
Ford Motor Company Fund recognizes there are many organizations worthy of support. Unfortunately, budget and policy limitations prevent us from honoring all requests.
What Ford Fund Does Not Support
- Advocacy-directed programs, animal rights organizations, species-specific organizations
- Beauty or talent contests, sports teams, golf outings
- Day-to-day operations or debt reduction initiatives for businesses, labor groups or nonprofits
- Efforts to influence legislation, or the outcome of any elections, or any specific election of candidates to public office, or to carry on any voter registration drive, political contributions
- Endowments, fraternal organizations, organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) status, private K-12 schools, religious programs or sectarian programs for religious purposes
- General operating support to hospitals and healthcare institutions
- Individual sponsorships related to fundraising activities, individuals
- Organizations that unlawfully discriminate in their provision of goods and services based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical challenge, age or status as a protected veteran.
- Vehicle donations
Ford Motor Company Fund
One American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126