As part of its commitment to making people’s lives better, Ford Fund has been investing in programs that drive socio-economic mobility in Hispanic communities across the U.S. and Latin America for more than 40 years.
Ford Fund is helping drive a brighter future for the next generation of Latinos by providing resources and opportunities in the following areas:
- Empowering youth to pursue their dreams of higher education through its signature Ford Driving Dreams program. Since 2012, the initiative has impacted more than 200,000 students and delivered over $10 million in educational resources.
- Ford Fund has provided more than $2 million in disaster relief efforts assisting Hispanic communities with basic needs, transportation, mental health, hunger and educational resources following earthquakes, hurricanes or other natural disasters.
- Ford Fund has a myriad of partnerships that highlight Hispanic contributions to society and provide access to arts and cultural experiences.
- In 2017, Ford Fund launched a Multicultural Advisory Committee to address the unique needs of culturally diverse communities. Key Hispanic partners serving on this committee include HACR (Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility), Hispanic Federation, LA Sed (Latin Americans for Social and Economic Development), LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens), SER Jobs and UnidosUS.
- In response to COVID-19, Ford Fund teamed up with HACU (Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities) to provide emergency relief funds to undergraduate students facing hardship as a result of the pandemic. Additionally, through its annual grant program with the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), Ford Fund provided $100,000 in grants to LULAC Councils nationwide to help meet COVID-related needs of students and families.
To learn about additional ways Ford Fund supports communities, click here.