Do you have a passion for philanthropy and serving people in need? Are you a college junior or senior looking for business experience before you graduate? If so, you may want to consider applying for a summer internship with Ford Fund.
As the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company, Ford Fund’s mission is to strengthen communities and help make people’s lives better. Our 12-week summer internship program is designed to expose students to the work we do across our four key areas of focus: supporting education, promoting safe driving, enriching community life and encouraging employee volunteering. Two interns will gain hands-on experience supporting a variety of Ford Fund initiatives, have opportunities to engage with nonprofit partners, learn valuable skills, and have fun along the way.
- Assist with planning and implementation of Ford Fund programs and events
- Create materials for Ford Fund initiatives such as infographics, digital assets and written materials to support branding and communication strategy
- Assist with research, metrics and data collection process around key programs
- Understand flow of Ford Fund operational systems in order to help efficiently process funding requests
- Be knowledgeable and understand project confidentiality to protect sensitive information and internal/external relationships
- Represent Ford Fund at events and interface with external partners
- Other tasks assigned by managers
- Strong communication, written and research skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of or experience with local and/or national nonprofit organizations, K-12 education organizations, higher education institutions
- Experience coordinating or managing programs
- Experience/Interaction with senior management preferred
- Some experience working across organizations to coordinate and/or implement activities
- Flexibility and strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in using social media in a professional manner
- Some experience with external community engagement
- Planning and logistical skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Team player and interpersonal skills
- Willing and able to travel within the U.S.
- Videography skills
- Knowledge in photography software
- Creativity skills
Current college student (Junior or Senior)
Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
Paid, Full-Time Internship
Location: Ford Motor Company WHQ in Dearborn, Mich.
In the Subject header state: 2020 Ford Fund Internship
Deadline to Apply: Mon., March 16, 2020